I collected some tips on the subject of productivity and made a short list to show what is more or less likely to work. Some of the tips have been posted on various places, so I make no claim that they are all my own. Here they are:
- Don’t write long list “Unlimited ways to increase your productivity”. Take a few tips and start with them.
- Take a break. You can’t always be working at optimum productivity. Instead, you should shoot for working in short bursts at your most productive times.
- Love what you do. Enjoying what you do is the ultimate way to increase your productivity.
- Just start. Starting is the hardest part. Once you get going, you will quickly get into a rhythm that could last for hours.
- Keep a notebook and pen on hand at all times. This way, you can write down your thoughts, to-dos, and ideas at any time. The key is to get everything out of your head and onto paper.
- Use your favorite mp3 player/recorder to record all your thoughts and ideas while driving. Are you spending a lot of time driving? Use this time more efficient.
- Write out a to-do list each day. I like to plan my day the night before. This way, I can get started on my most important tasks as soon as I wake up.
- Exercise. Research has shown that midday exercise boosts productivity and morale in the workplace. Take a short walk at lunch to maximize your productivity.
- Turn off the TV. The average American watches more than 4 hours of television every day. Over a 65-year life, that’s 9 years glued to the tube. Turn off the TV and you are sure to get more out of life.
- Discover the whole world of audio books. You are going to read these books anyway. Ask yourself if you are able to get audio version and save time doing something else while listening.
- Listen to educational audio books while you’re driving to work, cleaning the house, exercising, or cooking dinner. Audio learning has the power to add hours to your day. Not to mention, your cranium is sure to thank you for it.
- Find helpful gadgets that would save you a lot of time.
Gadgets of my choice:
- Prioritize your tasks. By listing your tasks in order of importance, you can make sure that you finish all of your most important tasks during the day. And as Napoleon Bonaparte stated ‘ To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god ’.
- Elimination!Time management is really more about elimination than trying to fit more into a day.
- Focus on result-oriented activities. You must find the 20% that is creating the 80% of desired outcomes.
- Don’t be “Productivity maniac”. Life is beautiful. Enjoy!
- Practice these rules. No battle can be won in the study and theory without practice is dead.
Thanks for some cool ideas that were shared by Kim Roach and encouraged me to write this list.
Write your comments if you would like to add more tips to this list.